Date: April 9th - 11th 2021
Before you begin preparing for District Convention, take a look at these guides and manuals to help you along the way. *MORE COMING SOON*
What is DCON?
District Convention, also known as DCON, is an annual event that is held to celebrate the achievements of the term, to elect the new District Executive Board, attend workshops, meet new people, and welcome the new term. Key Clubbers from all around California, Nevada, and Hawaii gather to create STELLAR memories with each other.
When & Where is it?
- April 9-11th, 2021
- Ontario Convention Center (2000 E Convention Center Way, Ontario, CA 91764)
What About Transportation?
- Transportation costs will vary based on the mode of transportation you select and your distance from the convention center.
- There are many transportation options to choose from, including cars, trains, and airplanes. Some divisions also coordinate division-wide busses.
Why Should You Attend?
- Learn more about Key Club by attending workshops (ex: leadership development, life skills, college, etc).
- As a delegate, vote for the 2021-2022 District Executive Board.
- Recognize and celebrate the hard work of members, clubs, officers, and advisors!
- Watch all the talent CNH has to offer and our very special keynote speaker.
- Spend time with all the new friends that you make during the duration of District Convention.
- Experience the bittersweet moments during the last event of the term, say goodbye to the 2020-2021 District Board, and welcome the 2021-2022 District Board.
What Should You Complete Along With Registration?
- SAA Registration (2 per club)
- Delegate Registration (2 per club)
- Advisors should book hotels for themselves and the Key Club members
What Hotels Can We Stay At?
There will be a list of approved hotels provided by CNH on the CNH Cyberkey. *COMING SOON*
What Does The Registration Fee Cover?
- The registration fee covers all convention activities, breakfast/lunch/dinner on Saturday, breakfast on Sunday, and DCON 2021 souvenirs.
- Be sure to bring extra money for Friday night’s dinner, meals during travels, and any other snacks you plan to purchase during the duration of DCON.
For this year, registration costs are about $223 for on-time registration and $263 for late registration.
What Are The Safety Measures?
- All attendees must follow the Code of Conduct.
- The Code of Conduct must be filled out by every attendee to show that they agree with all of the District’s policies.
- The Code of Conduct can be found on the CNH Cyberkey *COMING SOON*
- Chaperones will need to get a background check before they can attend DCON. For more information on background checks, please refer back to this page where further information will be posted.
What is an SAA Captain?
- SAA stands for Sergeant At Arms and volunteers are responsible for enforcing the code of conduct.
- SAA Captains are a group of students who are in charge of enforcing the code of conduct and making sure the convention goes smoothly.
- Captains overlook the volunteers and help the Sergeant at Arms Coordinator with any of their tasks prior to District Convention itself.
- They monitor all members' behavior and enforce convention rules, such as dress code.
- They will be given different shifts to work throughout the duration of the convention.
How do You Become an SAA Captain?
- Information about SAA Captains and applications will be released before District Convention.
- Once the application is complete, SAA Captain Candidates will be interviewed by the SAA Coordinator, Ryan Son.
What is a Delegate?
- Each club in attendance at DCON MUST have two registered delegates!
- The delegates vote for the 2021-2022 District Executive Board.
Be Sure to do The Following Before DCON:
- Double-check to make sure that your hotel is booked and your transportation is confirmed!
- Check your luggage to make sure that you have packed everything you need for DCON (you can look at the sample DCON packing list we have on the Cyberkey). *COMING SOON*
- Make sure that all your clubs are properly registered and that they each have two SAAs and delegates.
- Have enough chaperones to match the 10:1 (student to chaperone) same gender ratio per club/division. This should be the first step you take to be able to figure out issues with chaperones prior to DCON.
The 2022 District Convention Theme
Check back soon for next year's Convention Theme!